Saturday, February 10, 2007

Gosh, time goes by way too fast and I get way too busy with things. I need to start remembering that I have to blog. That way people know what's going on with my life. As far as the cancer goes we are waiting right now. We had the surgery to take out the tissue and then the pathologist in OKC did their stuff and then they wanted to get a second opinion so they sent it on to Atlanta Georgia. So we find out on the 15th of Feb. (just in time for my b-day). We do have another appointment this Tuesday so we go down Monday and come home Tuesday afternoon/evening. These trips are getting so old.

Ok, on to some news that's alot more interesting. The couple that we stay with in OKC are friends with some foster parents down there. Well, I got a phone call from Steph (the wife) and she said this foster mother wanted to know if she knew anyone interested in adopting a little baby girl. She immediately thought of us. Steph called me and asked if we were still looking into adopting. I told her yes, that we had just put it on hold for a little bit. She wants us to look very hard into adopting this little baby. I don't know how it will work (if it even will) but I'm so excited. Scott told me that he's very excited. I don't want to get too excited because we don't even know yet if it will work, but wouldn't that be great. Steph thinks that the baby is between 4 and 6 months old. So it would be so much fun to get her. She's just the age that I wanted to be able to adopt. And I wanted to adopt a girl so bad. I hope we can get a bunch of people praying that it might work out. I had just decided that it would be best to wait and have kids later ( I wanted to work for a year first). My plan was that I was going to lose weight between now and our anniversary (October) and then we would try and get pregnant with some drugs. I was going to try and find a job for the school year and then get pregnant sometime between our anniversary and Christmas to have the baby in the summer. Maybe by me giving it all up to God and not pushing it, I'm going to get it sooner than I think (just without the pregnancy). Wouldn't that just be awesome. I told my mom about it and she got excited and told me it would be great to have two grandkids in the same year. AAAAAHHHHH!!! I guess so much for not getting too excited. LOL!

Lord, I just pray that your will be done in our lives. If you want us to adopt this little baby girl, then you will make it happen. Help us to be patient and to wait on you for everything. If this isn't what you want for us yet, please give us the wisdom to know. We want your timing in our lives. Thank you so much for all you have done. I also pray that the results from the labs in Atlanta come back as NO CANCER. But even in that we pray that your will be done. Give us the strength to take whatever the news is. We love you so much. Amen.

No comments: