Sunday, January 31, 2010

"To Save a Life"

I watched a very good movie last night. I would not recommend it for younger children (maybe not even Jr. High kids) but for High Schoolers it is something they should all see. It brings up issues that most High School kids deal with. And if they don't deal with it personally, they know someone who deals with it. I will admit that to some people the movie may be different from anything a church has done before. It does have some cussing and a sort-of sex scene. But it shows real teen life, and it brings Christianity out of the box. It focuses a lot on reaching out a establishing relationships with people that need a friend. It makes you think about routine religion and how to transform it into a real relationship with God. Or at least that's what I got out of it. I think other people may get something completely different out of it. It also can be a very touchy movie because it deals with suicide and cutting. Some may get offended by the way they bring it out in the open, but I've been there and done that so I liked how they shed light on what kids do these days. Anyway, I just wanted to share about this movie and my veiws on it. I give it a thumbs up as long as it's older kids or adults watching it. If anyone else has watched it and wants to share their comments feel free to let me know what you think. I won't be offended. I know that everyone has their own opinions and views on things. I'm curious to get some other feedback. God bless you all!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was this something you rented?

Anonymous said...

Thank you :-) check out this emo boy one over this blog:
http://www.emo--boys.info

wannabemama said...

We saw this movie at the theater, but I want to own it when it comes out on video.