Friday, January 15, 2010

what our family gets into

I've decided it doesn't matter if you are a Pollock or a Soodsma, the life is about the same. Or maybe it's because I'm originally a Pollock and it just carries over. I don't know. But I have to share what happened to our family about a week and a half ago. It's funny in a way, but not funny. Well, you'll see what I mean.

It all started when one of Martie's friends came over on Tuesday Jan. 5th. I will not share the name or the gender. I will just call this friend "friend". Anyway, "friend" came over and wanted to hang out. I said, sure, why not. At least I know that Martie and "friend" are not getting into trouble if they are over here. We all hung out and played the wii and chatted. Then Scott came home from work and we were all going to a basketball game in Dighton. We let "friend" come with us. After the game we drove back to our house and "friend" needed to pick up some other friends to bring back to their hometown. But the vehicle would not run very well. Scott knows a little bit about vehicles, so he went out to look. The vehicle was not running properly, so Scott said he would drive it back to the hometown. We followed in the van. The vehicle broke down between here and there and we had to pick Scott up and drive the rest of the way to drop "friend" off. No big deal right?? Wrong. I get a phone call a couple days later telling me that this vehicle was stolen. I was like "oh my goodness, my husband drove a stolen vehicle." And then all the what-if's started. What if he'd been pulled over and arrested for stealing the vehicle? So he ended up going to the police station and writing a statement for them so they knew what happened. I am still waiting to see if I get called in for a statement since I saw "friend" driving the vehicle. Oh, the things that a Pollock-Soodsma gets involved in. But thinking about Scott driving a stolen vehicle is kind of funny. That's not him at all. I hope you get a good laugh about him in the story. Love ya'll. Don't drive any stolen cars....lol.

No comments: