Thursday, February 21, 2008

Warning.....this may be a little graphic!!!

Howdy. I thought I would see how brave everyone is. We get so many questions as to how Scott's eye socket is doing and I thought it would be interesting to show you what I get so see almost everyday. Scott is doing very well with all of this. In fact he started changing his packing and patch by himself. So he sees it as much as I do if not more. His attitude is still great and we did find out some wonderful news today. Scott will be getting his new eye in about two weeks. We have to go down to OKC to get it done and then every year he will have to go down and get it cleaned and replaced, but that's nothing compared to what we've already been through. Enjoy the pics.....if you can handle it...lol.













These first pictures were taken December 8, 2007. They are still pretty graphic, but better than it was at first. I took these pictures with the packing in the socket. I was still too grossed out to look at the actual eye socket.

















These pictures were taken December 28, 2007. As you can see the area with packing is a little smaller. Again, it still has the packing in it and I think I had just went and seen the dr change the packing. By that time it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.








These pics were taken January 3, 2008. So they are more recent. We still have some packing but not much. It's still a little gross, but getting better. It's just a little weird to see Scott without that eye. We both get weirded out a little when we look at old pictures of Scott. We know that the eye that was there, isn't there anymore.




Ok, I guess that is enough for this blog. But I'm going to put some more pictures on the next one. The other pics are not quite as gross, but still maybe a little graphic, and just strange to look at.

No comments: