Monday, November 13, 2006

God's Calling

I was listening to Focus on the Family today. Guess what, it was about adoption. They had guests on the show that had something to do with adoption, people who had adopted children, and some who were adopted. It was very interesting to listen to. But I really felt God speaking to me while I was listening. Scott noticed, but I didn't say anything about what I was thinking. God is calling us to adopt. I can't say He won't ever give us our own, but we are supposed to adopt. We need to get off our butts and get moving again. We are almost ready to adopt (just some more paperwork) but with the cancer we held off for a little while. Well, it's time to get moving again. There are children out there who need a mommy and daddy and we can be that for them. Sometimes I hate to admit these things, because it seems like satan likes to try and bring up the jealousy issue even more after I admit that God has called us to adopt. I guess it's going to take a lot of prayer to keep the jealousy away. But at least I can say without a doubt tonight that God has called us to adopt and I plan to do just that.

Lord, Thank you so much for the promise that we will have children. Help me to not be disapointed that I may not ever get pregnant. Help me realize that once the children are in my arms it will seem as if I had them myself. Help keep us patient as we wait for the children you have for us. I thank you so much for all you have done for us. I love you!

No comments: