Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!! I hope we are all remembering what the season is about and making sure we give thanks for everything we have. This is my favorite time of year (the time from Thanksgiving to Christmas). It seems like such a magical time of year. I love being with family on Thanksgiving and then going right into decorating for Christmas. I love the feeling that comes from hearing Christmas Carols on the radio. I love going shopping (of course) and picking out the perfect gift for everyone on the list. The anticipation of seeing their faces as they open the gift (that you hope they like). I even like the idea of Santa Claus. Ok, I'm 24 and I don't believe in Santa anymore, but I still think that the idea of him is just so magical. Sometimes I wish I wasn't too old to believe in him. And I can't wait until we have kids in our house. I think the Santa thing will be so much fun to do with them. Don't worry, they will still learn about the true meaning of Christmas. I think we just have to find the perfect balance for things.

Ok, I started out talking about Thanksgiving and I really got ahead of myself. I didn't think I was ready for Christmas to be here, but I guess I'm more excited than I thought. I could go on even more, but I will spare you all the boring details about every little thing I love about Christmas.

But I might bore you with some more about our adoption....sort of. We thought of some different ways to decorate the bedroom. I still like the idea of Winnie the Pooh (if it's a girl) but I came up with an even better idea if we get a boy. In fact I'm praying that we can get a little boy about 2 or 3 years old. But my new favorite movie is "Cars" (you know the Disney movie) and I decided that it would be so much fun to do a room in "Cars." I even looked on the internet and found some of the cutest things to put in the room (furniture, decorations, etc.). And my favorite part of the room will be the border that I put up. Michaela helped me come up with part of it and then I added to it. But I would paint a black road (somewhere below the middle of the wall) and of course put the yellow lines on it to make lanes, but then I will get some black velcro and put it up all along the road in both lanes. Then take the other part of the velcro and put it on the underneath side of some toy cars. Then he can play cars on the wall. I thought that would be so much fun. Ok, I'm a little excited, but I guess I keep thinking of this time as a pregnant woman does. I'm "expecting" and this is my time to get things all ready before the child gets here. The only difference with this is we don't know how long we have to wait (could be less than 9 months or could be more). I even joke with some people that my "hormones" are "acting up." I seem to be crying at the drop of a hat these days. Maybe that's God's way of letting me experience some of the pregnancy symptoms....I don't know.

But anyway.......Happy Thanksgiving to ya'll!!!!

Lord, I just thank you for the holiday season. Help us to remember the reason for the holidays. Let us be thankful for everything you have given to us and done for us. And let us remember the real meaning of Christmas. Even through all the craziness of the holidays, let us keep the true reason in our minds. Lord, I thank you so much for the calling you have on our life right now. Thank you that You have allowed us the privelage of adopting (eventually). Help us to be patient and wait for Your timing of everything. Thank you! I love You!

No comments: