Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Today is the day!!!

Well, today is the day that we meet our daughter. I have butterflies. I just got done with her scrapbook that we will give her tonight that has pictures and letters from our families. I hope she likes it. I can't believe it's here already. But yet, it still doesn't seem real. It's like I know what's going on...but like it's just a dream, or maybe it's all fake. But I bet after tonight it will all be as real as anything. And maybe after we meet her I will start acting normal again....instead of running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to get things done. I get the feeling that tonight might also be kind of hard. I think that Martaysha will ask to come home with us. Our social worker will be there with us since it's the first visit.....and a part of me kind of hopes that she will say "go ahead. just take her home." But the other part of me says that she will make sure that the weekend visit is a later date. Either way, I can handle it. It helps knowing that she's ours no matter what. The only way this won't happen now is if we say no.....and that just isn't going to happen. I also can't wait for everyone around us to meet her and get to know her. I think it's hard for them to feel like it's real. That's just the way it goes I guess. Well, since it is like 3:15 in the morning, I should go to bed. That way I get some sleep and am a little rested to meet Martaysha. I'll post when we get back (either tonight or on Wednesday) just so everyone knows how things went. Keep praying.

No comments: