Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Visit

We got to see her. Her picture doesn't even do her justice. She is so beautiful. Scott already said he was going to have to chase the boys away....and he said he plans on doing it. We have a protective daddy on our hands. And as we talked on the way home last night, he even said he already started feeling like her dad. It was a slow start to our evening, both she and I were a little shy...but by the time we had to leave I didn't want to leave her there and she didn't want us to go. She is going to be staying with us this weekend for a visit. I think it will go a little faster than they think it will and that she'll be moved in very shortly after school starts. I can't wait for that day....seeing her just made it so much more real that she's my daughter. The love just started over-flowing. Adoption is so truly a gift from God. Now I do know that things will not be perfect...she will make mistakes and of course so will we. But she is a perfect match to our family. We are interested in the same things, and we get along very well. When Scott would joke with her she got to where she'd just throw it right back. You can imagine how much that spoke to Scott. Oh...I can't wait to get her in our home. I love her so much and she's my daughter.

3 comments:

Stephanie Love said...

You should now change your blog name...you are no longer waiting for your blessing...

I love you both and am thrilled beyond words!!!

Stephanie

Unknown said...

Adoption is truly a gift from God. I am so happy for all three of you. Before you know it, you will be a family of three and you and Scott will sit and talk and say "what did we do before we got her?"

Enjoy!!!!

Jaelyn Lerae said...

And she's my niece! I cannot wait to meet her! I'm so happy for you and your small family that God has filled with over-flowing love! :)

Tanna